Monday, November 18, 2013

My Buddies

I go to visit my parents 4 days a month. It is a blessing to be able to do so, as my mom is now full time in a wheelchair, and my dad's Alzheimer's is progressing bit by bit.

At dinner, we all sit in same chairs - well, I mix their table up when I come. This visit we decided to play that old game called "telephone". One person starts it by whispering something to the person on their left, who repeats it in whisper to the person on their left, etc, etc. The last person to have it repeated to them says it out loud for all to hear how it changed through the gossip chain.

WELL, there were 8 of us. Tom went first, who repeated to Joan, who repeated to me, who repeated to mom, who repeated to dad, who repeated to Doris, who repeated to Elaine, who repeated to BILL, WHO BY THAT TIME FORGOT WE WERE PLAYING A GAME. The message that Elaine whispered into his ear was, "Meet me in the parking lot tomorrow morning at 5:30AM".  When she whispered that into his ear, he looked at her a little horrified, and said "WHAT FOR?" WE ALL DIED LAUGHING for the rest of dinner.

A few of them let me take their picture, and here it is. I just love them all so much.

No comments: