Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just Another Typical Tolentino Day

Today while I was at work, my darling daughter Julz Tolentino got out of school early and asked me to pick her up. I was at work and could not get away, so she asked her friend Kaley, who is home from college, to come pick her up. I said fine.

Jophus (the hubs) was supposed to meet ME for lunch with our nephew Charlie Vanderhoff and his fiance Marilee Taylor for lunch and was late. I called him and he told me that SOMEONE STOLE OUR VAN AND ALL OUR CAR KEYS that were hanging in our basement! They broke into the van, opened the garage with the door opener and came right in the garage taking ALL of our car keys! The police were on their way. He was positive he had locked the van, so I told him to go look for broken glass. The NERVE of these thieves and sheer violation of our privacy and property!

Then I remembered that Julz was going to have Kaley pick her up from school, who borrows our car every once in a while. Jophus told me to call Kaley - I did, over and over and over - no answer.

What I did NOT know was:

When Julz was asking Kaley to pick her up from school, she told Kaley to come in our house and ask Jophus, who is at home, if she can use his car. WELL Kaley got here, came in the house, heard no one, (Jophus was IN THE SHOWER and heard the garage door!) took Jophus's car keys to start his car. It would not start, so she came back in the house with garage door opener and got the van keys (we have way too many cars and keys). She closed garage door, took van to go get Julz. (She also forgot to replace the car keys of the car that didn't start)

When she picked Julz up from school, they went to Jamba Juice - and Julz told Kaley to bring her phone in, Kaley said "it will only be 5 minutes". We were calling and calling and calling. No answer. 

The girls came home after stopping at Jamba Juice only to find the police here, who shook his finger at them with a sly grin.

They all came inside the house, and Kaley who had not seen Jophus since September said awkwardly "I really missed you!"

No comments: