Friday, November 22, 2013

Mama's Hand

 So after a serious stroke - if a part of your brain is damaged, it basically paralyzes either side of your body, depending on which side of the brain is hit. My mom's stroke happened on the left side of her brain, which controls the right side of her body. She cannot move her right arm or hand at all. When this happens, the hand wants to curl up. Nothing can make it stay open - except for Botox shots in the muscles.



My mom is such a trooper! She was making a few jokes about this dang hand and fingers last weekend on my visit. 


FIRST as we were driving, we noticed a Second Hand shop. We started making jokes about why it was called second hand, etc. My mom said, "I should go in there and tell them I need a second hand"! We laughed at what the store owner's possible reaction would be.

The other funny she made is when, at dinner with our 8 friends, we were talking about trigger finger, which I now have (rats). Trigger Finger makes your fingers stick shut, and they snap to open - if that makes sense. One man said to hurry to get the surgery or it just gets worse. We were comparing our trigger fingers, and mom said "I have trigger finger too!"

God bless my mama.

No comments: