Saturday, September 22, 2012

Don't Cancel - ADJUST

I like that - Don't Cancel - ADJUST.

I always have stories.

Why? I don't know - maybe I like stories?

My Spain trip just took a slightly different turn. We leave tomorrow morning 8am.

My friend Andrea, whomidearlyloveandamnotonebitmadat, just discovered that her passport is expired. I will ALWAYS love you Andrea - and this will be funny some day....it really will!

After three hours on phones with passport agencies, travel agencies, airlines, and talking to God, her ticket is now cancelled and I am going alone tomorrow.  She has appointment at passport agency to try for a speedy renewal, and is hoping to be able to fly Thursday.

I will look so ridiculous getting on an airplane with a backpack and sleeping bag at my age all alone! (maybe I will put it all in a rolling suitcase now?)

Plan is: go to Barcelona and wait until Tuesday when she finds out her estimated time to come (IF at all). She will have to email me, and I will have to find internet to see her messages, as I have no global phone.

While I wait for her message, I will walk around Barcelona 15 miles a day....sans backpack which will be nice! oh Yes! The tracts I am taking weigh a ton - perhaps Barcelona is my best unloading place?

IF she cannot come, I will train it to Pamplona and book it through our planned route - alone. (OR I may just go to Italy and eat gelato)

If she DOES come, we have to figure out where to meet. Hahahah

ACK! Panic?!?!?!?! A little - but I also am smiling at the turn of events that are totally out of my control. What does God want to show me? Show others? DO to me? Do to OTHERS? I will see... something is up His sleeve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ONCE AGAIN I AM SPEECHLESS!!! You are a brave darling person with so much godliness to demonstrate before these witnesses!!
The Lord is YOUR SHEPHERD you shall not want!
susie