Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day Four Torres Del Rio to Logrono



Today the rain was not bad' but really muddy and very slippery.

The stick I got from the Dutch man has not been my friend at all. It falls down when propped,  it trips people, it is heavy, I am always forgetting it and having to go back for it, and I have a blister on my hand from it. I saw another girl this morning with a similar stick and asked her if she likes it. She said "No, but it is special because a man gave it to me."  Same here! MUD MUD MUD

But this morning my stick was my friend as I walked with my Korean friend in horrid mud.

 My friend the stick kept me from falling many times, kept me off my forte. OH! I also figured out why that man called my butt forte  - hè must know of Buns of Steel!

Anyway, I also made the adjustment for my straps on my backpack  making them looser. It was an amazing difference! So, was my stick my enemy, or was it the straps that were to tight?



We joined up with 7 Spanish men and took turns singing each of our national anthems.


They shared wine from their flask (Bota made from goat skins) with us, and some candy. I bought a bota in  Logrono: 





Tonight for dinner we ate pig ears, nose, and lips. They were delicious!



We met up with two Chinese boys who live in Barcelona who like to plan our days and want us to be two days aheead of schedule. If we do their plan, we have two huge days ahead.

My bunk buddy tonight is a french man. We have girls and boys baths, not coed!!!!!

No comments: