Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day Five Logrono to Najera

I cannot believe I am on Day Five. I am already grieving that it will end.

I have 15 minutes to post this before we are for forced for lights out. These places do that. Last night I got in trouble because I had to go potty at 10:01, and I had to beg the manager to let me go. The entire bunks of 32 people heard it and laughed. How embarrassing.

Today was fabulous - 30 kilometers. I have no idea anymore how many miles that is. I just walk.


My Korean friend and I have the same length legs, so we are good together. Juan, from Spain, joined us for a 2 hour Spanish lessons. He is so animated and fun. He is like our Camino Dad.








The entire 30 kilomters were through wine region of La Rioja - AMAZING beauty! My camera took 1000 pictures, and now none of them are there ....it is in my heart.

Pilgrims food...oh yah.....




We had English and Korean lessons, stopped for coffee twice, met up with our Australian friends for lunch,   

and arrived at Albergue that is volunteer - hot lovely soup waiting for us.
We also met up with our "Spinese" friends - who are Chinese and live in Barcelona and speak fluent Spanish!

 NON coed bathrooms again - how blessed.

One thing I have learned in sharing coed baths - MEN CAN HIT THE TOILET - or else, pilgrims
 are extremely thoughtful.

We met up for dinner with Juan and his Basque friend, 4 Australians, 1 Korean, and two of us USA-ers. It was a wonderful authentic Spanish dinner, with great conversation by Juan, learning about Spanish history and struggles. Pork and Lamb chops with David - my Aussie buddy..


My body does not hurt in ANY place, which I am so thankful for. Many people are in horrid pain and I feel so sorry for them.

My friend the stick, IS my friend. The trouble with that stick being my enemy WAS my shoulder straps were too tight! I love my stick.

As I close tonight, I am thankful for this opportunity, gratetful to God, and love my family back at home - AND wish that each of them could to do one day.


Adios. I cannot even attempt spell check with the language issue....LOL

1 comment:

The Carol Scholar said...

Quite a picture- thoughtful pilgrims aiming acurately! Spanish toilets are cleaner than USA? They deserve kudos if not gold medals :) !! Siri