Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hours and Hours to Pass By

Wow - this time for the next 6 weeks here is reminiscent of my pregnancies - I had 4 pregnancies that I had to lay in bed for 6 months each. Just lay there - waiting. Now mind you, this was BEFORE laptops, cell phones, and DVD's.

I would check each day of the calendar as it passed, hoping to get to the half way point. Once to halfway, I could much more excitedly cross each day off, seeing the end of the confinement.

This time for me is amazingly different than those times. I have a TV in my bedroom with more channels than I need (I think it is called HD? - it is nice), cell phone, laptop with internet on my lap, chat, and instant messaging! I even have a cool walkie talkie to call Joseph in case he happens to be out of my voice range. OH! The biggest time-taker-brain-stunner is facebook! I cannot believe how much entertainment that provides!

I am WORKING from my bed! How cool is this?

Another good thing is I am free to call my parents all day long to see how they are doing - as my mom is in stroke rehab hospital (where I broke myself), waiting to be released Saturday to 24 hour in-home care. My dad has been home very sick for one week. I am thankful I can call them both all the time.

However, this time seems to be dragging on and on and on and on. Julz keeps me entertained, along with her new friend Vande ;) Visitors come and cheer me and break up the hours and hours that just drag on.

Waah waah waaaaaah....and I fight anxiety when I think of the accident that put me here. The sound of breaking bones, and then the muscles in my leg contracting for the next 24 hours trying to force 3 broken bones into place.....just makes me shudder. yuck - halloween stuff for sure.

Without faith in Christ, I really don't know how I would go through this.
Psalm 27:14 - "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." I am waiting.....

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Joseph put my pants on inside out today

momoflots said...

You don't know me very well but you know my brother and sis-in-love very well :)!! I have been praying for you and truly your spirit of joy inspite of your pain insires me!!

Blessings,
Christine (Rorberg) Wayson

Anonymous said...

Oh Joseph!!! Did you discover it in time for him to put them right side out or are you sitting in them all day? Love it that Julz new friend is named Vande. June is a saint. So thankful you have Joseph.Praying for all invalids everywhere...and know I'm just one fall away from such a fate. Thankful you have Facebook so you can hear Gaga :) You should heard Earl and I rocking out to the songs on our fabulous Kawai compouter grand piano in the chapel last night at 10:30 pm. After we got Amazing Grace and Nearer My God and Taps on the line up we switched to rock and jazz and oldies and, and. Cranked it up and I was at a mike and and ...so fun we danced and kissed in the aisle all alone. Fantastic piano does other instrment sounds. Soon we'll be able to do all our Sunday hymns on it since we no longer have a pianist. Weell... wish I could visit you. Exquisite weather here. zero degrees in Blazing sun with 6 inches of snow and trees covered in hoar frost. Fairyland. So jazzed to live here!
kisses, me