Monday, October 24, 2011

Functionality

So my sweet sister stopped by here on her way from Wenatchee to Arizona, bringing my car to me that I had to leave behind in Wenatchee when I was transported by ambulance back to Kirkland.


My most pertinent dilemma of the day is how to reach my "things". I am not supposed to twist in any way, shape, or form, and having things on my headboard did not do the trick. We needed to get something set up next to my bed so I could reach things without twisting.


We got a wooden low kitchen stool, and she put a cute Italian divided pottery dish on it, and placed all my necessary items on it. There are pain pills, remote control, cell phone, walkie talkie, gum, mints, hair brush, and those wonderful stool softeners. We though it looked pretty darn cute.


Excited to show the head caregiver our creation - he looked at it and quickly said "You will knock things off of that." I insisted like I always do, that being cute doesn't mean it HAS to be impractical! It is PERFECT - I LOVE the dish!


My practical, function-before-style man left the room and appeared with HIS most recent purchase for the cause:











We GASPED! I argued - pleaded, then gave in - and I STILL knock things off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this juxtapostion of form and function :) Gotta love you BOTH!!!!! Looks like a professional kitchen cart. could be great somewhere someday:)
Sister Sue