Thursday, February 11, 2010

Goodbye Uncle Wayne



This picture was taken shortly after my mom's stroke. Uncle Wayne came many times from Spokane to just be with her and offer encouragement.

My uncle Wayne is my only blood uncle - my mom had one brother by birth and my dad had no brothers.

Uncle Wayne was so special to me growing up. He was a high school counselor and I am sure I utilized his expertise many times.

He and my mom were super close - we always teased both of them about their noses, although his was much much bigger than hers.

He died peacefully in his sleep and will be greatly missed.

Please pray for my mom to be comforted in this great loss to her, as well as for his wife Wanda, and his 2 sons Dave and Mike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan declares that Dolly's chin, in fact her whole lower face is Uncle Wayne's!!! Precious picture!! How good of the Lord to let us see him this year!!! Blessings on Shirley!!
Susie

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!Will always
remember that day. There are so many wonderful memories of him. He will be missed.