Wednesday, February 11, 2009

PROVERBS 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine

Oh man oh man.....this verse is so true. It seems in trials and troubles laughter is harder to come by. I tell you, I have had more laughing fits this week then I can remember. Does this mean I am on the other side of suffering? I think so!

First, my mom and I went to Fred Meyer - she was going to wait in the car because her muscles were not working and she could not ambulate at all. After parking the car I went inside and saw, near the shopping carts, those battery operated scooter things. Ah HA! I procured one, but in order to get it out to the car, I had to ride it. I get right up next to the car, and my mom gets in.

Problem is the forward lever is on the right side, which is her dead side. She says "no problem" and quickly reaches across the hand bars with her left hand to push the forward lever as well as steer it. She just took off - nearly missing each corner and pedestrian who dared to walk in front of her. Well, we got to giggling when she narrowly missed a catastrophe, at which time we discovered my need for the restroom. We find the restroom down a long hallway - and as I go inside she says "I will come down the hall too". As I am sitting in the stall, I hear her outside trying to turn around, hitting the walls, and laughing! Of course, I begin my hysteria in the stall, crescendo each time I hear her, which in turn, made her laugh all the more. We were out of control!

Finally, we finish our Fred Meyer trip, and go back to the car. I get her in the car, and ride the scooter back inside, watching her laugh in the car all by herself, and so I copied her - and got the funniest looks!

Then, yesterday at work I was making faces to a paralegal while she was in her meeting, and I got out of control again! I could not answer the phones (I actually had to hang up on a man in order for him to think he dialed the wrong number rather than a professional law office!) I made it through an entire greeting, and then started laughing out of control, to which the nice lady from a doctors office laughed with me for a time. Oh dear!

Well, today I discovered that my husband uploaded a video to You Tube of when I got on stage with Jordan on his last Vocalpoint! show. They were doing a Quiz Show, where the audience could answer questions to earn a spot on stage. Well, on the last show I got the courage to answer and get on stage with JORDAN'S song - unbeknown to him. It is really funny and could not have been orchestrated if we tried. Please watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLXoEPA0q8&feature=channel_page

Good times....good laughs....God is good.

Find something to laugh at each day - that's what I think ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IM STILL LAUGHING. HOW FUN WAS THAT. AND WE DIDNT EVEN PLAN IT. I KEEP THINKING OF THE SONG "JOY, JOY , JOY ,DOWN IN MY HEART, DOWN IN MY HEART,DOWN IN MY HEART TO STAY". MOM