Monday, November 21, 2011

Willy - We WILL Ship Some Fellows Again One Day


My sweet friend Bill is in liver failure. His wife and three daughters are loving on him in his last few days on earth. Sleep will not come to me tonight, as I wait with my phone by my head, and this family in my heart.

They were our best friends in Maui. When we met them, they had just become Christians after years of drug abuse. What a wonderful journey we had together, having our first babies and growing in the Lord through Bible study with our sweet British pastor Blomerley.

Joseph and Bill worked together, and Bill is an amazing guitarist and musician.

Last April Trish called to tell me that Bill (whom I affectionately call Willy) just found out he has hepatitis C, liver cancer, and a myriad of other horrible illnesses. The Hep C festered unknowingly for many years.

As I lay awake praying for my friends, this verse clearly came to me, and is my comfort for them during this time:

God promises: "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

This perfection of God's good work looks differently with each of His children, but we can rest assured that it is true.

Blessed comfort to my sweet friends.

We always called "fellowship" - "shipping fellows" - I will forever smile at that and cannot wait to one day, ship fellows with Willy again.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Willy passed away at noon peacefully with his wife and daughters at his side.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A LOVELY TRIBUTE TO YOUR FRIEND. I remember how neat they were too. What comfort it will be to meet agin someday at JESUS'FEET. He died so young but each day was perfect in God's eyes. Praying for all who knew and loved Bill and Trish,
Susie