Saturday, November 26, 2011

How Could This Happen? REALLY?

My plane was 45 minutes EARLY landing in Phoenix. HOW can this possible happen???

My dear friend Willy died, and his memorial service was set for yesterday at 1pm. Since I was on total hip precautions I could not go to be with Trish and the girls. I was dying.

Wednesday I went to doctor, and he said I had a few more days of the hip precautions - I begged, and said "what is a few days?" (the hip precautions mean I could not sit at 90 degrees, bend over, lift my leg, etc. etc) When he agreed to lifting them on Wednesday at noon, day before thanksgiving, I thought to myself "Hmmmm....I wonder if I can arrange a flight for Friday's service?"

I had to go to physical therapy after the doctor...they killed me - this is going to be a process for rehab. I went home and got online - found the only flight that would work for Friday - after a layover in San Fran, it would put me in Phoenix 45 minutes too late - but I was willing to do it - I would be able to show up at the memorial at least.

I decided to surprise Trish (with the help of her girls). The plane was to land in Phoenix, then I get the car, and drive 30 minutes to the church.

Imagine how astounded I was when the pilot announced "Folks, we had a great wind, and will be landing 45 minutes ahead of schedule".....REALLY??? HAVE YOU EVER EVER HAD THAT HAPPEN???? PTL!!! I wanted to jump up and cry - but I couldn't jump, so I sat in my seat and quietly wept tears of gratitude. PTL.....truly.

I got to the service only after one song! I was THERE - I sat right behind Trish - she didn't know I was there. Then when they passed the mic around, I finally asked for it, and I said "Hi Trish" and she nearly had a heart attack. Priceless.

There was a sweet gathering at their house after, where they lighted 2 big fireworks that Willy was saving for his birthday. It was illegal - but if the police came, we would blame Willy.

I love these girls, who now will move ahead without Willy. Please keep them in your prayers, especially Trish - she has been with Willy since she was 16 years old - never been alone! This will be a new game for her.

There is a plan to go to Maui to sprinkle Willy off of his beloved Maui. I will start looking for places to stay for them.

God is good -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How perfect that you were able to keep your presence secret until you took the microphone! So like you!
Thankful you were there to encourage them and be the "family" they know you to be. May God restore them to the joy of His presence even as their Daddy/husband is with the Lord.
sister sue