Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Goal

A beautiful hymn that Marji Peterson found, and had her son Matt arrange - the tune is beautiful, the words simply bare.

My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace. Nor even blessing but himself my God.
'Tis His to lead me there not mine but His. At any cost dear Lord by any road.

So faith bounds forward to its goal in God and love can trust her Lord to lead her there
Upheld by Him, my soul is following hard 'til God hath fulfilled my deepest prayer.

No matter though the way be oft-times dark, No matter though the cost be oft-times great
He knoweth how I best shall reach the mark - The path that leads to Him, it must be straight.

One thing I know that "no" I cannot say - One thing I do, I press towards my Lord.
My God my glory here, from day to day - and in the glory there my great reward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would love to hear his music with the words.
susie