Thursday, July 22, 2010

Babies in the Fuschia's

My beautiful fuschia plant in the backyard was having a lot of unplanned activity in it. At night, we had company over and were sitting around a cozy fire, and heard rustling in the plant, and could hear birds. Silly birds! They were supposed to be sleeping! The mommy in me knew immediately that the only thing that could keep a bird awake at night when they should be sleeping was a baby. Sure enough, next morning I looked to see newly hatched birds.

Doing the most compassionate thing - I stopped watering that plant. I watched as the birds grew feathers and started flapping their wings.

Today, I sadly missed their departure from the nest - but wish them well.


I will also now try to revive the plant. Pretty sad looking - and kinda lonely.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny! We have a nest on the deck that was overflowing with babies....and poop. Good luck with the plant!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the pix after hearing your description!!!
Susie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just another Mom said...

So glad your babies made it, unlike my birdies in the back yard. :( Jen

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnn said...

oops Jen - my comment got deleted - YOU have little kids in your backyard which probably does not help with little birdies in your backyard ;)