Thursday, December 10, 2009

December #2 Gratitude Hangover


Yes - gratitude hangover. I think that is exactly what I have. I have been trying to figure out my heart wrenching feelings at these Christmas songs - playing non stop in my house. Some of them bring tears to my eyes (Mary Did You Know and Joseph's Lullaby, by MercyMe to name a few).

By the way, the music is especially wonderful this year due to Joseph's (my husband, not Mary's husband) amazing brain - he hooked my wireless laptop so that I can play Itunes, Pandora, or anything directly to my home stereo with no wires (wireless). Oh man, I am really grooving on it!

So, these Christmas songs - I remember my first Christmas after I really knew who Jesus was. It shocked me that the words had true meaning, that they were about a real baby who was really God. I was about 15 years old. Ever since then, Christmas songs have a totally different impact on me. Sure, there are lightweight songs about bells and snow that I enjoy, but the ones that proclaim the birth of the Son of God just break me.

Yup - I have a gratitude hangover and hope it will last well into March. Wanna join me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do!
Beautiful thoughts to accompany a neat photo! Is this YOUR tree?
Susie

JoAnn said...

Not my tree...but I really liked this picture I found. Although I think my favorite Christmas photo this year is of Abraham!

Today is your birthday! God's blessings on you as you care for your mom now ~ you have a life of caring for others, Susie - I love you!

maki said...

You have to show me your wireless system! It sounds really cool though I'm not quite understanding how it works... "What Child is This" makes me cry every time. Mary Christmas!

JoAnn said...

It is amazing to have music in my stereo at my fingertips! Love it...Joseph can show Ben how to do it too.

Maki you are so cute - "Mary" Christmas...

I love What Child is This too!!!

Why oh why did God choose us? I am glad He did though!