Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009

With President George Washington,1782 - Thanksgiving instituted by congress: "Do hereby recommend to the inhabitants of these States in general, to observe, and request the several States to interpose their authority in appointing and commanding the observation of THURSDAY the twenty-eight day of NOVEMBER next, as a day of solemn THANKSGIVING to GOD for all his mercies: and they do further recommend to all ranks, to testify to their gratitude to GOD for his goodness, by a cheerful obedience of his laws, and by promoting, each in his station, and by his influence, the practice of true and undefiled religion, which is the great foundation of public prosperity and national happiness."

On crutches, my family had to all pitch in like they never have before. I sat and told them each ingredient to bring to me, each utensil, each bowl or dish, where it is located...etc.

It was the best meal ever - (don't they say food tastes better when someone else makes it? Now I understand what my family has been enjoying all these years!) I have never enjoyed it more!

Julianne blessed us with a special poem she wrote for the day

We prayed for Jordan, who was in Ohio
Julianne - gotta love her

Just look at that turkey - in the pan, of course

5 comments:

Gramma Shirley said...

what a sweet poem julianne, you are blessed with a special talent, and a love for our lord. turkey looks great. happy day

Anonymous said...

I was teary until I read the word "mule"!! That made me smile!
Love Julianne's writing!!
Susie

JoAnn said...

Same here Susie...

Anonymous said...

Precious thoughts by Julianne!
Indeed He took our sins upon Himself & carried our sorrows!
God bless you, Jullianne, and everyone in the family!
Merry Christmas!
-- Gma Ruthie

maki said...

I was hoping to get the copy of the poem. I'm glad you posted it!