Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Del!

Oh dear brother Del - you didn't really think you would get away from me posting this adorable picture for your birthday blog, now did you?
You claim that Judy chased you around and put polish on your nails - and that mom didn't have time to get it off before it was your turn for pictures. I guess we will have to go with that story.

You were always real good at looking like the innocent one - POOR BABY JANICE - WHO knocked her over???! Oh sure - put Vaseline on your face to give it an angelic glow - I think it really worked!
Soon enough and thankfully, you did learn leadership skills - commanding neighbors and even canines
You grew into a fine young man - becoming a wise business man, politician, church leader, loving husband, great father, and now a doting grandfather!
They say what goes around comes around, and I pray that you will be blessed in the measure that you have blessed others, Del. You have given to so many people, tirelessly and consistently. God bless you! We Tolentino's love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoAnn,

Thanks for the cool birthday wish! Can you actually remember those pictures? I do . . . you pushed Janice, Judy sat on me to paint my nails, Earl had food in his pockets so the dog wouldn't mind, and my real birthday is the 26th.

Love ya Del

JoAnn said...

picky picky - June and July both start with J, and 22 and 26 both start with a 2.....so we can celebrate June 26, June 22, July 22,or July 26....

Anonymous said...

Love these photos of Del!! What a cutie!!
But I have never seen the nail polish before!!
I've never seen Janice on the floor!
My favorite memory is of you and June each trying to hold baby Benji. I realized then you had a tender side :)
Happy Birthday to The Big Brother!Love,
Susie

maki said...

Such cute pictures!!! All the vanderhoff boys (and girls) are so beautiful! And I don't think I'm that biased. Happy Birthday, Del!

june said...

Hi family!
I visit your blog whenever I need a good laugh JoAnn...you are so clever and funny. Del loved the birthday tribute...wrong date and all. :) He and I are off for a little weekend birthday trip to La Conner, Washington. Gene and Shirley are so grateful for your picture-scanning help last weekend...and they loved seeing Jordan. Hey everyone...Bon Adventure is going to be so great for the V's! Our house is open for over-nighters anytime. :)
Love, June

Anonymous said...

so greatful for my family, so many memories. happy birthday del, even on the wrong day. love mom

Anonymous said...

Del, your an AWESOME big brother, I always knew no matter what you had my back and that is HUGE growing up! happy birthday! I thought of you on your birthday while I was running around London. Yes on the 26th~! Thank you for all you do for mom and dad!!!
Janice<><
I'm sure I was probably throwing a temper tantrum and that's what I was really doing on the floor!!!:)