Saturday, May 9, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!



Where does one begin to describe such an amazing lady, my mom?

From the time you were very young, you wanted to be a wife and mother. It is your biggest joy in life, and I appreciate that so much! Your full time career was caring for five children and your husband. What a beautiful example for us!


I came across this letter you wrote to our estranged daughter last February 2008!(wow time sure flies) You wrote this letter from the depth of your heart, showing who you really are:

"Dear Jessica,

I have been meaning to write this letter for awhile now. So here goes. I want you to know that I want the best for you. I know you are having a hard time now. I don’t know what is really the problem. But I want you to be happy with yourself and the world.

Do you remember the day your Mom got you from the adoption agency? I had coffee with you and your new Mom that day. She was so excited to have a little girl and so happy to be able to give you a home and have a family who loved you. I often wonder where you would be if they had not taken you under their wing. You had much to learn and they were hard on you so would learn the right things.

You have become a beautiful girl now, with a wonderful future ahead of you. Girls your age don’t make good choices . Listen to your parents and people who are trying to help you. God will see you thru this, if you lean on him.

I want to tell you what happened to my life. My father was killed in a drowning accident when I was 5 yrs. old. My brother and I went to live with my Aunt and Uncle who loved us and took good care of us. My mother went to live in another town to work and we rarely saw her. I didn’t understand till many yrs. later how much I resented that and felt abandoned. She had already died and I could not tell her how much that hurt. I sat in a chair with an empty chair across from me and I pretended she was in that chair. I told her how she had hurt me for leaving us and how sorry I was for the way I treated her. I asked for forgiveness and I forgave her. A weight was lifted from my shoulders. I had carried that for many yrs. Hopefully you can do that with your biological mom and dad who abandoned you.

Don’t carry around resentment and bitterness for the past or the present. It can eat away at your soul and take away your happiness. I really care about you and am praying that you will make good choices for your life. You are a beautiful girl with a wonderful future, don’t mess it up.

Papa and I love you and praying that you will work your problems out and trust those who love you to help. God bless you Jessica"

You, mom, could have been bitter about your past, but you chose instead to pour your life into family and be a blessing to everyone who knows you. You are the most unselfish person I know.

You and your brother are very close and adorable. You call him "brother rat" and you laugh at your noses.

You, my mom, had five rambunctious independent children in 6 years. You love being a mother and wife, and to this day I reap the benefits of your love for us.

Last July, you had a stroke. Since then, you had to work to learn to speak, walk, and do as much as you can for yourself. You have the use of only one arm, and suffer from severe leg pains. I hate that you have to endure pain.

Yet, you are the sweetest, most caring, warm hearted spirit ever! Your change of lifestyle has been drastic. I am sure there are times of great discouragement, but you plod ahead.

My greatest friend, my faithful confidante, my laughing companion, my MOM.

I love you mom!

4 comments:

Gramma Shirley said...

what a tribute to me. i am so blessed. what a wonderful daughter you are. only god can do that. i thank him each day for all you kids and what he hs done for each of you.much love from a proud mom.

Anonymous said...

WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS OUR MOTHER...Lovely lady!!
We hate watching you suffer...
Can't believe you have learned to knit with just one hand!
We love the afghan you sent Earl!!
Thanking God for your living sacrifice, pleasing unto him.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Susie

Anonymous said...

As I sit typing through the tears! Tears of joy, laughter, and anquish for what you have to go through Mom I am amazed at your unrelenting spirit to STILL be there for all of your children! You are the Mother beyound all Mothers! You have given us a gift that is most defenitly reaching the generation beyound! You showed us all what it means to be a Mom and we are now handing that torch to our daughters and sons! A truely perfect tribute to such a fantastic mom!! I love you Mom!
Janice<><

maki said...

Your mom is so beautiful, her joy in Jesus and love for Him shine through her, and she can't hide it. What a living testimony she is! I still remember the day she asked me at Jason's soccer game (it was so cold!), "Has He come in your heart yet?" It was 16 yrs ago (!), still feels like yesterday. She is in our prayer everyday.