Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Houston, Mission Accomplished (will return to Tolentino Trivium now)

Dear Family & Loved Ones,

I was released from Saint Luke’s Episcopal Hospital yesterday afternoon around 12:30. Susie and I had a great trip home enjoying the dazzling colors of the Texas wildflowers. I am humbled and full of thanks for all the prayers and concern for me and Susie! I am truly amazed by all the people who sent greetings and assurance of prayer, thank you all so much. I believe that this valve is healing normally. I should be able to resume regular activities in a few months. I do feel so much better than after the first surgery. I continue to practice all the sternal precautions and not put a strain on my healing bones.

I am so thankful for my sister JoAnn who came to comfort Susie and cheer me up:>) She is a blessing that keeps on giving through her blog and compassionate self sacrifice! Thanks go to my parents who flew her down to us.

God is faithful and merciful to me. I feel as though his presence and the assurance of grace carried me through the many days of pain and suffering. Now I trust that he will strengthen my body in order that I may continue to serve Jesus. This verse sums up my experience…

1 Pet.1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,


In Christ,

EARL VANDERHOFF
chaplainvand@aol.com

Earl cell 206-595-0615
Susie cell 206-550-0392

Address:
203 Sugar Maple Court
Nolanville, TX 76559

3 comments:

Gramma Shirley said...

no more bloggs from you? they will be missed , do keep in touch any how, we love you both , mom

Anonymous said...

Just a note for the bloggers...our thoughtful friend Angie brought over a jar of olives tonight to replace the one we dropped back in Houston. What an original gift!
And I wanted to mention that all our kids and Earl's brother offered to come to Houston but I would have worried they were leaving behind too many responsibilities. God used JoAnn as the family representative.
Susie

Anonymous said...

We are thankful to God for JoAnn and Susie keeping us posted and for Earl's beginning recovery...We are already praising Him for more healthy days to come and Earl's continuing recovery. We have been praying daily for all. Blessings, Dee & Don Morse