Saturday, August 10, 2013

REALLY???????????

I signed up and paid for a half marathon - walking because I cannot run anymore because of my THR. Been lazy since I broke my knee cap...so to get going, I paid for this. It is in October - I am going for a slow running speed by walking fast.

Training would begin on my 11 day boat trip to gulf Islands. READY SET GO!

WELL, July 19 on day 1 of my 11 day boat trip, I stepped wrong onto the dock, hurting my foot. All night it was horrid pain - by morning it was tender - but a few days of rest and I could walk on it but not long walks. OK - training will be late. DANG.

Once we got home from trip, I had zero time to get to a doctor.

I go to visit my parents on my monthly visit - mom had lots of doctor appointments. Second day there, she got super dehydrated so I took her to hospital for re-hydrating. After a few hours, I realized that I could be checking my foot out while I wait! Duh!

I checked in, and waited in my moms room until they called me. HAHA it was the same doctor who saw me when I broke the head off my femur! Anyway, I have a chipped bone and need to wear a boot for 6 weeks.

NO training, NO half marathon. oh my goodness....just wow. It WAS the most convenient appointment I have ever had, I must admit!

No comments: