Thursday, April 4, 2013

Peace

There was a time when I could not sit like this and be at peace. There were 3 years where my heart and my stomach were one organ, conjoined into a mess of uncontrollable complete turmoil.

We have been blessed beyond measure - we are mere worms, filthy rags, yet God blesses us.

Tonight after a few days on our new (old) boat, I sat in the hot tub listening to the spring birds busy getting their nests ready for babies. I smiled. I was taken back to those 3 years of conjoined organs - and remembered how I tried to smile with the spring birds but just could not. I remember grieving that I could not fully experience the joy of simple things: birds, the wind, rain.

My heart is once again separated from my stomach and is at peace.

Time does heal. God heals.

I love birds. 

No comments: