Friday, February 1, 2013

Palettes and Pairings

So I have done this once before. I am not an artist - at least with paint - well at least with acrylic paint. I can do much better with oils actually. BUT four of us did this. It is fun. First things first - you get a glass of wine (probably to numb your senses so you don't get too embarrassed by your artwork)
You have to follow directions. Wow - that is not as easy as it sounds when you are with friends. I think we got in trouble a few times. Get TWO pumps white, one pump other colors. That sounds easy - not. The pumper thingys didn't work very well.
THEN stucco-look your canvas - after painting water on it. Was the water supposed to drip? Who knows...who cares. Where did that window come from? I don't remember putting it up there - we thought it should go on the door, but then she made us put it on top. Weird. We obeyed.
Add stairs, and red and black paint. Weird again. Just blob it on - all over...who cares. Go for it. More. Just do it. It is very blurry isn't it?

Well now, fancy that - add more colors on top the red and black and it kinda looks like something. Wow - the greens and pot look almost real. I could almost see myself GOING here. Pot as in flower pot - this IS Washington State, afterall. Gotta clarify.

No casa is complete without a sign by the door. DANG - why did I marry a Tolentino? Oh well, I guess Vanderhoff is no better. Got it. (REALLY ~ it is better than Dekoekkoek though)
SO fun to see them finished. We were told they look better from afar - like my face.
Love my friends. Love my fun. Love my life. Thank you God.

Notice how this started out clear, then got more blurry as it went. Really, I only had one glass of wine. Really.


The end. Palettes and Pairings Issaquah.

No comments: