Friday, November 30, 2012

UN-Bucket List

Most people have a bucket list of things they want to do before they leave earth.

For some reason, I have an involuntary UN bucket list of things NOT to do.

I JUST started a SERIOUS walking plan: walking up hill from work to home 3 times a week with my daughter. Our butts are sore from the hill - it will be GOOD.

However:


Yesterday at 3:15 (I really have no idea HOW) I rear ended a car, who rear ended the car in front of her. All 3 cars are totaled. Fortunately - only drivers were in each car - no passengers. I realized I was going to hit, and the next thing I knew I smelled smoke, and the other two people were out of their cars on their cell phones. I must have blacked out.

I had all the stuff from the lunch I made for my sales team in the trunk ~ which was projected from the trunk into the car (the back seat opened up). The glass salad bowl broken and all over the dashboard. Even the plastic plates were broken! There were forks and a bread knife everywhere. The air bags DID go off. (The red thing on the seat and floor are pieces of the broken glass salad bowl)
 

The policeman said I was lucky that the broken glass or forks didn't get me in the neck! IMAGINE being forked to death..that would be very bad.

Car = dead.

My knees hit the dashboard - right one sliced my brand new jeans and cut my knee up. The left one:  broke my knee cap. This knee cap is actually called the Patella (sounds like Nutella which I love). Fortunately it remains in correct placement, thigh muscle can lift leg straight, so no surgery necessary. They said I will feel worse today - and they were right. I am working from home with it elevated. I can barely walk.  

In some ways this is worse than the hip accident - in that my leg that I have to use instead of my broken one is injured also.

Please pray for the lady I hit  - she had a huge goose egg on her forehead, and her neck hurt - she went by ambulance. The other car rider was fine.

OK - this is getting ridiculous - EVERY YEAR???? I thought I would escape 2012, but had to get something weird in at the last minute.

I have a business trip planned to go to Texas in 2 days - at this point there is no way - but perhaps 2 days rest will make a huge difference. 

  • SO thankful I can work from home! 
  • SO thankful there were no passengers. 
  • SO thankful it wasn't more serious!
  • SO SO thankful this happened AFTER my Camino in Spain!!!!






Merry Christmas - LOL

No comments: