Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pack, UnPack, Pack, UnPack/Politics

I am behind. My backpack from my 140 mile walk in Spain is still in backyard to make sure there are no bugs in it. There are still 125 tracts inside too, along with the really cool German rain poncho I bought in Pamplona.

My suitcase is in my room, still waiting to be emptied from San Diego.

Tomorrow at 4:30am I leave my house to go to North Carolina then NYC again. The fun thing: I am meeting up with a Camino buddy who works in Manhattan....we will find some strange foods to eat. There is a NON Kosher restaurant, but it won't be open when we need to eat - so we will explore Chinatown to find some strange dim sum.

I think I prefer backpack to suitcase for sure - but they don't do very well with business attire.

In my 7 days home between San Diego and this trip I went to 2 soccer games, a pumpkin carving contest at Molbak's (Andrea WON!) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
work, church, and met with a customer from out of town for wine tasting, dinner, and discussion.

Today is my jammy day.

Tomorrow I start again.

OH - and I catch the debates on their reruns late at night since I miss them live. People are so mean - the hate speech is appalling.

I found this quote that sums up my vote for President:

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves..." 

and just now "“I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them, 1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy: 2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against: And 3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.” John Wesley, October 6, 1774"

And one more from someone I know who served in Iraq more than once: "So I guess Obama doesn't realize that when I went to boot camp we learned bayonet techniques and half my company in Afghanistan were issued bayonets. The military also uses horses and donkeys as pack animals today."

I will try....with all my might.

Life is great.

No comments: