Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Jason, and his requested Chinese Food

NOW I remember why I stopped cooking Chinese food - it takes FOREVER to prepare:
I have always been one to peel mushrooms - yes, peel mushrooms. Some Chinese chef told me this when I was learning to cook like this (in Maui when we were first married) I curse that day and that suggestion - but ya gotta admit, they look amazing peeled.
Jason requested Beef Tomato for his birthday dinner. He has always loved this. None of us could remember the last time I made it.....at all...they all think I have not cooked it in this house that we have lived in for nearly 15 years!
No Tolentino birthday is complete without a special ice cream cake (from my sister Janice's recipe) - they get to choose what kind of ice cream...Jason said "As always, chocolate chip mint"
I HATE pictures with ugly Safeway bags in the background...really I do.

No comments: