Friday, December 23, 2011

Edges and Crumbs

Bar NONE - my favorite thing at Christmas time baking session is the apron my three boys made for me when they were little. I treasure it and it makes everything well in the world.
I have a rule when cooking - burned or dry edges and crumbs must be eaten, and they have no calories. I am now stuffed.

This was my first try at Tri-Colored Mochi. I love how they turned out, and how I can get 2 colors by turning upside down. Makes my mind race on how I can have fun with these. For those of you who don't know what mochi is - it is an acquired taste for sure. They are basically made of mochiko flour (sweet rice flour), sugar, coconut milk, water and vanilla, and are super gooey, so must be rolled in potato starch. I think they must do that to Aplets and Cotlets too. Mochi can truly freak people out on their first try. -
Lemon Bars - cannot leave them out - we all need our fruit.
I have been making this recipe for Peanut Brittle since 1973 - it is the not-break-the-teeth-kind.

At the risk of leaving out good protein, these are peanut butter balls made in a pan. I call them Lazy Balls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH leaves me drooling!! Looks like its been fun...hope your hip is holding out for all the merry maling!! Been making Chipotle carmel corn here.
Luv Ya!!
Susie

JoAnn said...

Chipotle caramel corn???? That is very interesting....