Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Graduation Tidbits

SO, I have two major milestones!

I had my last SHOT this morning!! I am super happy about that - and Joseph is even happier than I! I made sure this last one hurt really really bad and for a really really long time.

The physical therapist graduated me to my cute pink cane for OUTSIDE now too! I get to "walk" down the street to next intersection once a day. I am so happy to get rid of my bling crutches!

Tomorrow I go to doctor to see if he lifts any hip precautions from me. This 70 degree angle at all times is for the birds!

I am so looking forward to sleeping NOT on my back - probably not for 8 weeks - but still I can dream about it!

GROSSEST story ever: my sister in law has a friend who had a scheduled hip replacement same day as me. This week her hip fell out of joint, caused her to fall, was ambulanced to hospital, had surgery and is in a body cast for 6 weeks! ACK! PLEASE do not let that happen to me...PLEASE!

Oh yes - I almost forgot! I am UP as in out of bed MOST all day long now too! Got out of that bed today at 6:30am - hoping to make it until BED time to go back in. Oh what a relief - such a joy.

STILL - tomorrow I shall ask the doctor if it is feasible/reasonable to be able to WALK the half marathon that I was going to run on April 1. Oh I hope he says YES.....I promise I will follow all precautions! I will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I love Physical therapy!! I just came from mine! They worked me hard! heart rate up and everything..more like a personal trainer..love it! I'll bet it will be awesome when you can get in and out by yourself too! (bed that is!)I think you need to bling your cane! I love your bling crutches! Call me after your Doc!! Love ya sis! Jan<><