Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I LOVE....


I love JESUS

I love my FAMILY

I love my CHURCH FAMILY

I love my FRIENDS

I love my JOB

and..now....

I love RUNNING!

Nine weeks ago I started the Couch to 5K in 9 Weeks - I have one run left of week 9! I cannot even believe it!

In the nine weeks, I have run in Alaska next to glaciers, alongside the ocean in Maui, on Orcas Island around a secluded lake, circling Fishermen's Bay in Lopez Island, and of course, my neighborhood.

Do I like running now? YES!!! I am soon to run over the Brooklyn Bridge in New York, and along the Hudson River, dividing Manhattan and New Jersey.

It is nothing short of a miracle, I tell ya. It was a dare to myself - to do this - to see if I could say I am a runner.

I am in the 5K Covey Run August 20.

Please congratulate me. My next dare = Couch to 10K ~ yes?

8 comments:

Dolly said...

How is it that you keep looking younger and younger the older you get? WOW! Congratulations!! Maybe I need to try it too.....

Kelly Marie Landis said...

That is so cool that you got to run in all of those places! I never would have looked at it that way. I am so very proud of you! You have come a long way, and I am very excited to run the 5K with you =]

Anonymous said...

You are amazing sister! you're my hero!

Anonymous said...

So happy to have joined you for the Alaskan leg of your odessey :)
And btw what brand of spanx do you wear? I was admiring them and forgot to ask.Did you see my name on your Children's Hospital wall?
Over FIFTY Rocks, does it not??
Love you,
Sues
PS
I want one of those wrist band players you wear. Tell me how to get it when I come Sept 13 ok?

Valerie Spencer said...

Girlwhorunswithcutehair!! YOU are an amazing and inspirational woman! I am SO blessed to have you in my life and SO privledged to be able to call you my friend!
I am so proud of you and your accomplishment! Now... 10 K here you come! Run like the wind girlfriend!
I lobe you!

JadeQ said...

Congratulations are definitely deserved!! You're an inspiration...I'm gonna do the Couch to 5k too. One day.

Anonymous said...

Is this your boat in the background? Are you still on Lopez Island?
Susie

JoAnn said...

Not my boat in background - we docked so we could use the mansion at Rosario - I wish we could take you and Earl there!!!!!!!!

I am back in my office this week - next week to New York to visit 2 clients :).