Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thou Oh Lord, Art a Shield About Me


King James Bible "But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." Psalm 3:3

Yes, God knows everything - all - nothing is hidden from Him. Ever.

He has hedged me in, and protected me from myself time and time again. My Lord had to create a layer of hedges, in fact. On my own, I would deceive even myself into believing what I would like to believe, rather than truth. Hedges distort and/or prohibit our visual perception, so we must learn to trust in that which we cannot see, which is faith - and that also a gift from God.

Personally, God has grown my hedge from my church, my family, and friends. They know me better than I know myself, which strikes me strange since I used to dwell in introspective pondering. My husband and 3 sons are the best!

Alas! The past 4 years have created a new and better hedge for me. This hedge amazes me and I have learned to trust it - knowing God Himself placed the hedge about me for my protection. Without this hedge, I would undoubtedly be an instrument of turmoil, breaking peace and sacrificing family.

I pray that you will know God's hedge of protection in your life and see His hand leading you through and bow your knee to Him.

Thank you God, church, and family and friends.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

I would like to know about YOUR hedges of protection.

Anonymous said...

Keep trusting them they really know best! That is why God put the hedge there to begin with!

Anonymous said...

Oh Joann,
I am always moved to laughter, tears, or both at the same time. Your transparency is heartening. Even with this recent injury, you still seem to shine with your humor and faith. I want to be more like you. I have sort of lost myself and am struggling. Thank you for being you. And I really do want to do anything I am able to help you or the family during this time of rehabbing. How is your Mom doing now. It must be difficult to have to be away and working on your own health and not be able to be there with her...My prayers are with you...and your laughter is like a prayer with wings. You are WONDERFUL.
Love Jody