Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Couch to 5K

So I started this cool program ~ The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan.

I got myself some great running shoes from Super Jock and Jill, a new pink Ipod nano with a cool wrist band so I can hear the program in my ears, (the program was free), and a few running pants and tops.

Cheaper than a gym, right?

MY KNEES ARE KILLING ME. I am afraid I have my brothers knees. I will keep it up. I just finished week 2 today.

I now take my Labradude with me - on a short leash with a spike collar so he cannot tug at me and drag me over. It does not hurt him one bit - if he stays right by me.

The program (Laura from the UK) talks to me the whole time and plays music to go with the speed of the desired steps.

I walk, run, walk run, walk run...etc.....

Today I noticed something extremely disheartening. As I walked, I looked at my dude, he was cheerfully walking along. When I ran, I looked at my dude, and he was cheerfully walking along.

I think I need to increase my running speed.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you, keep going it will get easier,love you, mom.

Anonymous said...

Really cool. How much does it cost? Proud of you and SORRY about those cute Vanderhoff knees!
Susie

JoAnn said...

Today - my dude was trotting when I ran!!! Hurray!!!!!