Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Baby in the Family

I have waited and waited for this moment. After years of urging my husband to agree, I was accompanied on Saturday by husband and oldest child Jason. We looked and looked before stopping at the best fit. It isn't easy choosing a baby - after all, they all need homes.

This particular one would be the perfect match for me and my family. We all held him, carefully determining his responses, etc.

His name is Walther, and he weighed a mild 380. The most intriguing thing to me was his eye - one bright red eye! Who could ask for anything more perfect? That one red eye will go far in guiding our way.

I went ahead and purchased 1000 diapers for him, knowing we would surely need them all, plus more.

Since it has been awhile for me since our last baby, and since I really have never had one this unique, my husband is making me take a parenting class - to allow me all the tools necessary to handle this baby.

I really wanted a girl, but Walther will have to do. I can always dress him in girls clothes I guess.

So on Valentine Day evening, we are going to take him in public for the first time. I am really really excited.

See below for picture:





















5 comments:

Jeremiah said...

And it is a beautiful baby. With that gift comes great responsibility. I liked your adoption language too, very funny.

Anonymous said...

you really scared me. I know how much you love kids, but really!
mom

Anonymous said...

WOW WEE!!! I was held in rapt suspense!!! Is he new or used:)
Are his diapers expensive and can he do a bear???
Susie

Unknown said...

Tim went shooting Sunday, shoulda been here:)

june said...

joann,
congratulations! :) what a sweet valentine's day gift from joseph. del gave me something equally lovely...a gym membership (sigh).
june