Thursday, October 28, 2010

Broken Vows, Dying Love

I am sad - saddened by a friend who is divorced. It was a slow, painful process. Actually, it has been 2 1/2 years since the divorce. Only now is my friend able to let go of it. She held on with all her might, hoping and praying that it would work out - that the love they once shared would come back around. The love was hidden from her - she sought it - it fled from her efforts.

Now, after 2 1/2 years, she let go - she is free, so to speak. She no longer pines, she no longer yearns for the love they once had.

Letting go is a good thing I guess, under the circumstances. She did everything in her power to halt the divorce - yet it wasn't enough.

I guess there comes a time in each of us where we allow what is to be - to just be. She can move on now - see the opportunities to find love again.

There is a point of no return in some relationships - she hit hers.

Pray for anyone you know who has experienced love that was stripped from them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad.....
Susie

Anonymous said...

sorry for her!
Susie

JoAnn said...

Yah - it is kinda weird how I can relate - only thankfully not from a husband/wife relationship - but the other one, ya know? After a time, you just let it go. Took me THREE years...I must be a slow releaser ;P