Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mama

I just love it when Julianne calls me "mama". It is endearing and reaches my heart each time she says it.

Silly as a name is, it truly conveys a deeper truth. When the boys say "mom", it also touches me - it means something.

We take for granted what this simple word can mean - to us and to the person saying it. It shows a certain knowledge of something, that is personal and intimate.

I have no relatives who call me "JoAnn" or "Mrs. Tolentino" - that would be a strike in the face - instead, endearing terms are for those who you have a special relationship with.

I don't know why I got on this tangent - it is just because Julianne just called me "Mama" and my heart warmed a few degrees.

Today, please call your mom's and say hello - using "mom", "mama", or whatever you use. It will warm their hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean! It touches my heart too

Unknown said...

I get that as a mom, but as a daughter - what else would you call mom?