Friday, August 7, 2009

Wild Bunch If Ya Ask Me


I am scanning and photo-shopping all of my parents pictures of their entire life. This one particularly caught my eye - it is my mother's mother, her 2ND husband (her first drowned) and her parents(plus some randon dude). They seem like a party group - it almost looks like bootleg days - gotta research that.

Needless to say, the story plays out in my mind with each scanned photo. So much to wonder about, such a different era. I am so thankful that I have deep roots of family and traditions, handed down and modified to suit each new generation.

Life is amazing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl and I just enjoyed your blog sister Jo!!!! We appreciate this enormous effert of love and the time and money it costs to digitize two lifetimes!!!! The whole family owes you BIG TIME!
A priceless piece of history!!
Earl says he can recognize Nanna.
What a hoot..the boozin back in the day!! Kickin' back! I use too many exclamation points...sorry.Susie

Gramma Shirley said...

that was about every weekend tradition. what fun they had. my grandma was a hoot. she had a stroke and had to use a cane. one night she tired of it and went to the door and thru it out...and never used it again.a shocker. sue is right we do owe you big time, and oodles of thanks. love you.

JoAnn said...

She threw her cane out the door? Wow - that must be where you get you spunk from!