Saturday, April 11, 2009

Houston, We Have a Problem




So, I arrive in Houston at 12:40AM and look for the Super Shuttle - nowhere to be found. A cute lady with adorable red shoes caught my eye - I ask "Are you from Houston?" she replies "yes"...I go on to ask her how to get to town (25 minutes away) without a Super Shuttle....she waits, then says "My husband and I will drive you there".

What a darling couple they were! We spoke of Jesus and the Hand of God, and how He orchestrates our lives. They will pray for Earl.

Finally, I get into the room at 1:30AM where my dear sleeping Susie is awaiting me. She is sound asleep so I write her a note, place it next to her pillow, and get a cab to find Earl.

At the hospital, I ask for his room - "he is not here"...yikes! what?? They make a few calls, to discover that he rode in a MediVac Turbo Prop plane, room for one patient only. They flew into my airport, and were on their way to the hospital in an ambulance. SO, I race to the emergency room entrance, to arrive at the exact same time as he and his entourage of medical personnel. I say "Beat ya here! I win!"

I hang out with him until 4AM, and come back to the hotel for a few hours sleep. We took advantage of the hours ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Today he is resting well, in CCU, awaiting decisions to be made as to his care. He trusts God with his life, and IS in total peace - the peace that passes understanding.

We made this script chart for him for when he gets phone calls so he can remember what to say: (we didn't have a medical terminology book with us for spelling)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

did you mean ... Aortic Aneurysm?
as opposed to erotic?

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnn said...

Del - Susie and I decided to respond this way to your comment:
"It was a funny, you silly bunny but thanks for hopping right into our basket" -