Friday, April 17, 2009

Houston, We Have Friday Morning Thoughts

This is Susie writing.

Some of you may be wondering about why the first valve failed. We join you.
Perhaps the doctors don't know either. I have yet to speak to the surgeon.
He is now away for the weekend.

The cardiologist visits daily.
We pray the aorta will grow around the new valve.

We assume the surgeon believes the aortic aneurysm will stabilize with a properly functioning valve. It was just under the AMA standard for repair.

He is having his first post op transfusion this morning. Blood was down again. He is back on the oxygen today.

We pray that the sternum does not develop infection. It did not help to notice the nurse who changed his dressing yesterday was NOT wearing gloves. JoAnn will be in charge of hand washing and stethoscope cleaning today.

A false fire alarm in the hotel during shower time helped us get a move on this morning.

Breaking a new jar of olives also provided comic relief.

What E'er My God Ordains Is Right is the song in my head today. Trying to walk by faith.

Susie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

susie,my heart aches for you both. i need more faith today.praying for you all. jo keep those nurses on their toes ha ha. love you ,mom

Anonymous said...

Earl and Susie,
Raining like cats and dogs in Killeen today. Sounds like you are in a tent in the field, Earl--who can wash their hands under those conditions? The blog updates are great-- I have forwarded the link to the church so people can stay current.
We continue to pray for both of you
and can't wait to get you both home. Don't be too hasty in getting rid of the "erotic aneurism" (from an early blog sign)--some people would kill to get one of those! Blessings to you both,

Lou
Psalm 9:1

Anonymous said...

Susie, you express yourself so poignantly. We're praying for you and Earl, my friend. Earl, your scar is amazing. You have endured so much pain this year, but you've done so with grace. I am asking the Lord to heal you speedily--like the widow before the judge. You're missing a true germfest here. I have a horrible cold and a croaky voice that is about 3 or 4 octaves below my normal range. I'm about to belt out a rousing version of "What a Wonderful World."

The Lord's grace is sufficient in all things. I'm praying that for you. Love you guys.

Angie

Anonymous said...

Susie, you and Earl have always been in my prayers, but this past year, especially. I cant imagine what you both have been through the last half year: Earl's back surgeries and now two open heart surgeries within a month, and your unfailing support. May the Lord continue to sustain you both with strength, peace, and grace!
I am praying that the Lord will give Earl a speedy recovery with no complications, and that the pain will ease up significantly! Susie, may the Lord continue to bless you with gifts of mercy and strength!
We love you guys!
JoAnn, thank you for the daily updates- we check the blog every day. I always enjoy your spunky humor! If I were in the hospital, I would definitely want you around! I got a big kick out of the "erotic aneurism." If the doctors remain concerned about it, you'll have to keep Susie out of the room! :) Blessings to you all!
Kari