Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Houston, We have Birds

On our walk to the hospital in daylight we pass under this tree, avoiding bird poop on the sidewalk. However, before sunrise, the limbs bend heavy with the Grackles themselves. The noise blew me away - kids may especially like this sound.



In Texas these are called Grackles, in Washington they are Starlings...(we think - no research on the topic yet)


We cannot see Earl until 10AM today. He will be fully awake and fully in pain. I still cannot get over the fact that he had two open heart surgeries one month apart.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Hi ya
Thanks for the ordinary video of you walking along and listening to the delightful sound of birds...morning song. And I like hearing your voices too. Today is Tim's mom's birthday, Kathleen.(in Houston). I feel like I should be there with you but with your blogsite I can be. Jennie

Annie Vanderhoff (2 Years old) said...

Annie watched the movie this morning and sai "That's my Gamma Susie!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the blog & pix! Just a few days ago, i sang "His eye is on the sparrow" for an older men's group. Wish i could sing it on here for U'all:
Why should I feel discouraged? Why should the shadows come? Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav'n and home - when Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He: His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
v2: "Let not your heart be troubled," His tender words I hear; and resting on His goodness, I lose my doubt and fear. Tho' by the path He leadeth but one step i may see: His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

May you rest on His goodness this day. Tweet, tweet. Steve Herzog