Sunday, December 14, 2008

Surprises are FUN!

Joseph and I flew to L.A. Friday to surprise Jordan for the Biola Christmas Concert. We waited until intermission of the show, where he was in King's Men outside singing - and I walked up in front of them and took their picture - he caught sight of me and the look on his face was "HUH? WHAT?" but he kept singing.

The second half of the show was excerpts from the Polar Express - and he sang the Aerosmith song "Rockin on Top of the World" with the jazz band, dancing all over the stage. BUT he was having pants problems - apparently his waistband broke inside his tux pants before the show, so he borrowed a safety pin to make them stay up. Well, into the fourth bar of the song the safety pin came undone. He had to sing, dance, jump on and off the stage, all the while holding his pants up. I kept wondering if he had Jingle Bell Boxers on just in case.

The next day was spent finding new pants plus suspenders for the Saturday night show, Throat Coat Tea, AND...............we met up with a friend whom we knew in Hawaii in 1980!!! She lives near Biola with her hubby and two children. Her daughter Emily is beginning Biola next year, so we will see her more next year! Small world.


It was great- I am always amazed at how fun and wonderful college students are. We met many new people, and especially Amanda and Rachel, who have become our link to Biola through their Vlogs - long funny story.

After the concert, we joined a brood of students at a Vietnamese restaurant which stays open until 3AM! Had to get up early to catch a 7AM flight home (The night was so short, I could still taste the toothpaste from my nightly brushing on my teeth when I got out of bed)

Great times - God is good and people are awesome. I love life~









No comments: