Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Family Costco Excursion

So we decide it will be nice to all accompany Jaron to Costco, as he wants to buy some thingy that plays music. We pile into his very cool Nissan Pathfinder (I think that is what it is called) and head through the snowy neighborhood as if we were in a speed boat. Upon arrival at Kirkland Costco, we all seem to split up (that always happens at some point in our Costco excursions). I decide to go to my first place I always go to - the jewelry cases. As I am standing there, with my cart, and my purse neatly placed in the carry basket, Jaron comes BOMBING...and I do mean bombing, from nowhere, grabs my purse, and continues to run full speed ahead. About five rows down he decides to peel to the right - I could see him banking for the turn, but from my viewpoint, he banked a little too far to his right....his goes down, feet close together just barely out of the main aisle. He is OK....and the two jewelry people were shocked, dismayed, terrified, then laughing hysterically once they realized what had happened.

Joseph and I split away from the 3 boys, hoping they can behave themselves while we leisurely shop the aisles, checking for the very-hard-to-locate-Flax meal.

While Joseph goes to get eggs, I find the three boys (supposed to be men) reclining on the reclining couch. People are looking at the couch, checking it out, and Jaron says "it is a very good price - I would sure buy it - and it is very comfortable" They looked like store "plants".

They spy Joseph, with his eggs and a case of Spam, and get that twinkle in their eyes. Jason, being the most mature of the three, stays near me while we reunite with Joseph. As we steer towards the check out, Jordan and Jaron BOMB in from nowhere, hitting Joseph with rolled up rugs. (it did not hurt, but made a very loud noise as if it DID hurt) We were all laughing. Suddenly, a man in a red vest with a name tag on it comes directly, with eye contact, to ME! He says "I am about to ask that you ALL leave this store" To my horror at the thought of being falsely accused I quickly plead "I didn't do anything!" - while my boys are all still laughing. We walk sheepishly to check out (well I was the only sheepish one) and get out of there.

So I am almost flipping out on the way to the car - and there I find out "the rest of the story". Jaron was on the Stair Master, seeing how fast he could go (Jaron is really really fast) and that man told him to get off. Then he told Jaron to please not ride the bike. He followed the three around the store and would not let them out of his sight. (He DID miss, however, when Jaron rode the moped)

So - in the end - MOM is the one who gets blamed! We moms are never safe.....never let your guard down - ever.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing!! i am catching up on your whole blog before church...i may be the only woman you know to who can relate to living with 4 grown men at once.(only for a much shorter period of time) powerless...was my overwhelming memory. i could not have stood the Costco behavior...sorry..it is an abomination to all mothers!
the blushing aunt