Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008



I am not doing a Thanksgiving Pig this year - it was an experience for sure - but not well loved by my family.

I am so thankful for life - all of life. I have been blessed beyond measure by the same God Who died for my salvation, and Who continues to be near and dear to me and my family. This past year has been one of tremendous growth for us and I am so thankful for that. We have a large extended family who have shown to be true as to what a family is.

My mom is alive and well, although very different. My dad experiences great health and is my mom's caretaker. They are a picture of true love and endurance. I pray for them and that their example will impact their large family.

Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is Good!

2 comments:

Dolly said...

eww gross, you really did a pig??!

JoAnn said...

Yes - actually I ordered it from a restaurant in China Town - thinking of a Hawaiian-style roasted pig - but alas! it was flavored with Chinese spices - ruining our entire Thanksgiving theme....hahahah...Jason kept repeating "I can't eat looking at that thing sitting there"