Monday, November 10, 2008

The Sweetest Lady Alive



My very active mom had a serious stroke on July 9th. She remains unable to care for herself. Her right arm and right leg are not getting any brain signals, so they are useless. She is learning how to get around without them - or shall I say - in spite of them. She nicknamed her dead arm "the Bitch" because it just gets in the way and won't do what she tells it do to.

The GOOD news is that her brain is the same - except for those physical disabilities. Her speech is also effected, and she must think each word she speaks in order for it to come our right. Her personality remains the same, sweet person that she is.

She is truly my hero. While there are many things she could scream about, she remains the sweetest testimony of her love for Jesus. I only hope and pray that if I have to go through anything similar to what she is, that I will be half as sweet as her.

Please pray for my mom if God lays it on your heart - Shirley Vanderhoff - a beautiful woman of God.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God has blessed your family with an awesome legacy through your mom. Will keep praying for her, and I know you will be as sweet as her! Remember that we are moving into Madison House together some day! Par-tay On! Pam

Anonymous said...

i am so blessed by your blog. it gives me strenth to JUST DO IT AND NEVER SAY I CANT. what great daughter you are. so helpfull, and you are such a positive person, i love you . mom shirley.

Anonymous said...

I knew your mother decades ago when we attended the same church. She was so kind to everyone. It still warms me to think of that joyful and loving christian woman. It is no surprise to see how strong she still is in her faith and that she is surrounded by a loving family. I will pray for both your parents. Prayers for Shirley as she deals with this new challenge and prayers for Gene as he copes with a burden that only a husband can understand.

Peace

4-7-6-6-18