Tuesday, October 28, 2008

True Belief = True Peace and Meaning


Sometimes I get completely buried in the "to do" things that have come into our life. As if the daily routine is not enough, we are being forced to continue in things we have not chosen to be involved with. I get downright angry that we have to do things we do not want to do. Then I think of my mom. She did not want to have a stroke, lose use of her arm and leg and become completely dependent on my dad for her daily care. Yet - her sweet spirit of Christ blessed my heart and those around her. Her love for Jesus has not faltered.

I became a Christian at the end of my ninth grade year and have never wavered in the belief. There were times when I thought "What IF this is all made up?" - and the ONLY answer to that question is this "Even IF it is all made up, my life is WAY BETTER because of my beliefs" - I would rather believe a lie (I know it is true) and have the kind of life I have now than to reject the truth of the Word of God and be a miserable soul trying to find reason for existence.

It is so clear to me this year how one can reject God and become their own God, never finding true fulfillment in and of themselves. Believers in Jesus Christ do not depend on any externalities for their inner peace. Praise God!

No comments: