Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dead Bird



This is going to be a little on the weird side for sure. Today I was chatting with a friend about helping people - and if we should continue helping those who abuse and use us. I told her that I always think that I can "mend the broken wing of an injured bird" - when suddenly a bird crashed into my living room window! There were feathers stuck to the window. I went to the porch to see what happened, and there was a good size bird (not a baby)sitting in stunned amazement at it's recent collision. I thought "I will let it recover from the concussion, then check it out". I did just that - however, when I came back to check on that bird, it was on it's back, feet stiff up in the air, dead.

The timing was amazing (I don't believe in "signs and wonders")but I can always see how God is using life to show me things. I can see that I could not have prevented that bird from hitting our window, and our window was there to protect us from the elements. The very thing that was protection for my family was destruction for that bird.

After the crash, there was nothing I could do for that bird - but allow what will be to be. It was to be - no amount of intervention could change the course of its life.

I can relate this to so many things in my life right now. Our help can only do so much - if it is refused over and over again, that help must come from somewhere else.

The sovereignty of God is not squashed by our disobedience, rather there are consequencesthat only we can suffer. It is difficult to watch loved ones suffer great consequences for their choices, but it must be allowed -

Please pray for me as I am stepping back and allowing God to do His mighty work.

No comments: